Have you ever wanted to post a hot topic for your students to debate? Did you want your students to have the ability to post messages back and forth on a group project? Have you wanted a central location to wish a family member good luck or plan a surprise party? Then Wallwisher.com may be just the site for you.
Wallwisher is a free site that works like on online corkboard or dry erase board. It is an easy to use “virtual wall.” You can create your account using your Google identity or make a “new” persona. There is the ability to add links, videos and pictures. You can customize your background and adjust the settings so no-one can post a comment without your approval. The site provides the ability for you to share the link to your wall through multiple methods.
Here are some ideas for ways you can use Wallwisher:
- Put up a topic with opposing viewpoints. Have the students post their thoughts to start a lively discussion which can connect to lessons in the classroom.
- Put up extra credit questions for students to answer.
- Have students who are performing a group project use the page as a forum to communicate.
- Place links you want students to utilize for their homework, to view a presentation, watch a video, etc.
- Bookmark sites that you feel would be beneficial for your students or you want to have as a list to share with your colleagues and/or friends.
- Brainstorm with your grade and department peers from home. Be able to see everyone’s thoughts and opinions at once without having to scan down through various e-mail responses.
- For personal use – people can RSVP to a party or you can post an announcement.
- Make check lists that students can refer back to regarding projects you give them. Students can let you know if they are having difficulty with a particular step.
- Get feedback on a lesson you taught. What worked? What didn’t? What would help the students in the future?
- Are you creating a lesson for a staff PD? Get real-time responses to use during breaks that you can address when everyone reconvenes.
I am sure you can come up with many more ways to use this site. I think it will be a time saver both in your professional and personal lives.